The 37th Open Ocean Regatta for 2014 will be on April 13th. We hope everyone can join us for Open Water Rowing Center’s most important annual regatta. Here’s how you can participate;
1. Join us on the race course. We’ll have the three traditional courses (see map below), so there’s a distance for everyone. Check in with the boathouse for the clinics and training sessions in March and April. Registration is available at http://www.regattacentral.com as it was last year. Entry fee is $45, and that includes the post-race barbecue. Additional lunches for friends and family are $15 each.
2. Volunteer! The race can only work with lots of help from club members, with everything from parking to dock management to safety boats to timing to cooking and cleanup. Sign up at the front desk, or send us an email at email@example.com if you’d like to help.
3. Lend your boat. We have more club members who want to race than we have club boats. So if you own a boat and would be willing to let someone use it, let us know.
4. Spread the word. Rowing on the bay is a spectacular experience, so if you know rowers at other clubs who might be interested in joining us, be sure to encourage them to participate.
5. Be a spectator. The more the merrier! The start and finish line for all courses is just off the Sea Lion sculpture on the downtown Sausalito waterfront (just south of Horizons Restaurant). The long course start is from 8:30 to 8:45 a.m., the Richardson Bay and Downtown course start at 9 a.m. and 9:05 respectively. The first boats to finish will cross the line at approximately 9:30 a.m.; last finish will be at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org